Last updated: 23 November 2020
Eigen Technologies Limited is a company with registered offices at 60 Queen Victoria Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4N 4TR and 115 West 30th Street, New York, NY, USA.
We welcome your comments about this Policy. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
60 Queen Victoria Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4N 4TR and/or 115 West 30th Street, New York, NY, USA.
We obtain information about you in a range of ways:
Information you give us
We may collect your name, business email address and your role at your business, as well as other information you directly give us (for example at an event, or via our website). In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, when you send us email communications or letters, or by telephone).
Information we get from others
We may get information about you from other sources, such as third parties who supply us with your business contact details for marketing purposes. Typically these details include your name, business email address and your role at your business. We may add this to information we get from other sources.
Information automatically collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our site.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system, login times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our site and for internal reporting purposes.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
• to respond to comments and questions and to provide customer service;
• to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• to enhance user experience and assist technical diagnosis;
• to provide you with informative, personalized communications about our products, where we think these may be of interest to you and your business;
• to communicate promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
• to link or combine user information with other personal data;
• to inform accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
• to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity; and
• to provide and deliver products and services at customers’ request.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
• Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, request a demonstration of our software, or if you consent to receive marketing from us). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
• Because it is in our legitimate interests as a commercial software provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to reach new customers and improve our customer experience. We use information about you to personalize our marketing messages to you, to make them more interesting and relevant in respect of the products we offer.
• Because we have a contract with you and we need to process your personal data in order to perform our obligations under the contract.
Please read the “MARKETING” section below for more information on how to opt-out of marketing communications.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies outside Eigen Technologies except under the following circumstances:
• With the suppliers and service providers working for us.
• With your consent. For example, you may let us share personal data with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses by third parties will be subject to their privacy policies.
• When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
• For legal, protection, and safety purposes;
· to comply with laws or any regulatory obligation;
· to respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
· in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
• With those who need it to do work for us.
• For the operation of mailing lists through an authorised third-party mailing service, inside or outside the European Economic Area, which itself is registered with appropriate state or governmental authorities that uphold requirements of data privacy and protection.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We like to communicate with our current and prospective customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal information to send you marketing messages by email [or phone]. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on the information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or contacting us using the details listed at the top of this policy. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. information about your legal rights).
Personal data that we obtain may be transferred to and stored by a third party at a locality inside or outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), including in a country where the law provides less protection for personal data. We may also transfer personal data to our affiliated company in the United States, Eigen Technologies, Inc. If we transfer personal data to a third party outside of the UK or EEA, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are protected by appropriate safeguards, such as an adequacy decision made by the UK Government or European Commission, or the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries. Please contact us using the details at the top of this policy if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We want you to feel confident about using our products and services, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, correct, request the erasure of, and restrict processing of, your personal data. In some circumstances, you may also have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format for portability purposes, and to not be subject to decisions made solely by automated means where these decisions have a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See the ‘MARKETING’ section above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details at the top of this policy. You are also entitled to raise any concerns with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
From time to time we may change this Policy. If we make any changes, we will change the Last Updated date above.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.