Last updated: January 2023
Eigen Technologies Limited is a company with registered offices at 5th Floor, Fetter Yard, 86 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1EN, United Kingdom, and is the controller of the personal data for the purposes of this Policy.
We welcome your comments about this Policy. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
5th Floor, Fetter Yard, 86 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1EN, United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
We obtain information about you in a range of ways. If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our services if that information is necessary to provide our services or if we are legally required to collect it:
Information you give us
We may collect your name, business email address and your role at your business, as well as other information you directly give us (for example at an event, or via our website). In addition, we may also collect personal data from you when you correspond with us (for example, when you send us email communications or letters, or by telephone).
Information we get from others
We may get information about you from other sources, such as third parties who supply us with your business contact details for marketing purposes. Typically these details include your name, business email address and your role at your business. We may add this to information we get from other sources.
Information automatically collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our site.
To help us understand how you use our services and to help us improve them, when you use our services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our services, like log files, performance logs, diagnostic reports, the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, pages you request, the websites you visited before using our services, and the dates, times, and durations of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- to respond to comments and questions and to provide customer service and support;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to enhance user experience and assist technical diagnosis;
- to provide you with informative, personalized communications about our products, where we think these may be of interest to you and your business;
- to communicate promotions and upcoming events, for other marketing purposes such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant valuable or otherwise of interest to you, and to communicate news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to link or combine user information with other personal data;
- to inform accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
- to generate analytics about how users interact with our services;
- to deidentify and aggregate information collected through our services and use it for our business purposes;
- for compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- to provide and deliver products and services at customers’ request; and
- for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
If you are located in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area, we rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, request a demonstration of our software, or if you consent to receive marketing from us). You can withdraw your consent at any time and free-of-charge.
- Because it is in our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests in processing your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security and performance of our services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Because we have a contract with you and we need to process your personal data in order to perform our obligations under the contract.
- Because we have a legal obligation to process your personal data, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal data about you with other people or non-affiliated companies outside Eigen Technologies except under the following circumstances:
- With the suppliers and service providers working for us.
- With analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect personal data about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- With your consent. For example, you may let us share personal data with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses by third parties will be subject to their privacy policies.
- When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the consideration, negotiation or completion of the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding and we may transfer your personal data to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties involved in the deal
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes;
- to comply with laws or any regulatory obligation;
- to respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
- For the operation of mailing lists through an authorised third-party mailing service, inside or outside the European Economic Area, which itself is registered with appropriate state or governmental authorities that uphold requirements of data privacy and protection.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We like to communicate with our current and prospective customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email or phone. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on the information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or contacting us using the details listed at the top of this policy. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. information about your legal rights).
Personal data that we obtain may be transferred to and stored by a third party at a locality inside or outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), including in a country where the law provides less protection for personal data. We may also transfer personal data to our affiliated company in the United States, Eigen Technologies, Inc. If we transfer personal data to a third party outside of the UK or EEA, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are protected by appropriate safeguards, such as an adequacy decision made by the UK Government or European Commission, or the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries. Please contact us using the details at the top of this policy if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We make reasonable efforts to protect personal data from or about you by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal data we maintain. However, as our services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal data.
We take measures to delete your personal data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep this personal data for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Our services may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to your activities on these third-party services or any personal data you disclose to these third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use personal data from or about you, you should contact them directly. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing any information to them.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal data from children under 16 years of age, and no part of our services are directed to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal data in violation of this Policy, then you may alert us at [email protected].
If you are located in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area, you have the rights described below:
- You may request access to the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, restrict or object to the processing of your personal data, have the personal data anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal data to another company. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal data, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We will handle any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of exceptions and limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. Also, while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain personal data for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details at the top of this policy. Before meeting your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity.
From time to time we may change this Policy. If we make any changes, we will change the Last Updated date above and the revised version will be effective when it is posted.
For more information email us at [email protected].
- World Economic forum 2020
- Gartner Cool Vendor 2020
- AI 100 2021
- Lazard T100
- FT Intelligent Business 2019
- FT Intelligent Business 2020
- CogX Awards 2019
- CogX Awards 2021
- Ai BreakThrough Award 2022
- CogX Awards Best AI Product in Insurance
- FStech 2023 awards shortlisted